Our priority program’s kickoff meeting is scheduled for September 21st to 22nd. It will be organized by Wolfgang Lehner and his team at TU Dresden. We hope that it can be a physical event with all PIs, PhD students, invited speaker(s), and members of our expert panel.
The registration deadline is August 31st. Please fill in and submit our simple registration form. You help us a lot by not missing the deadline. Thanks!
- September, 21st: Max-Planck-Institut für Chemische Physik fester Stoffe, Nöthnitzer Str. 40, 01187 Dresden
- September, 22nd: TU Dresden, Fakultät Informatik, Nöthnitzer Str. 46, 01187 Dresden
The point marked on the map is TU Dresden. Both locations are in walking distance of each other. On the first day our meeting will take place at the MPI!
Travel Expenses and Hotels
The coordination project can cover the travel expenses (with some limitations). More information on that will be sent via email soon.
You can download the presentation slides by clicking on the links in the schedule (password required).
- September, 21st
- 12:00-13:00: Arrival, badges, finger food / soup
- 13:00-13:10: Welcome and introduction
- 13:10-13:20: “Disruptive Memory Technologies – The Big Picture of SPP 2377” , Olaf Spinczyk
- 13:20:14:00: Keynote: “New possibilities through more diversity in working memory” , Dieter Kasper (Fujitsu)
- 14:00-14:10: Short break
- 14:10-15:30: Project presentations 1 (chair: Jörg Nolte): ARTS-NVM , Anchor , SMASH , HetCIM
- 15:30-16:00: Coffee break
- 16:00-17:40: Project presentations 2 (chair: Gunter Saake): MemoryDiplomat , ParPerOS , PAVE , CIMware , VAMPIR
- 19:30: Dinner at Stadtwaldschlösschen (near Semper Opera)
- September, 22nd
- 09:00-09:10: “Neues aus der DFG”, Valentina Damerow
- 09:10-10:30: Project presentations 3 (chair: Horst Schirmeier): FOSSIL , HYPNOS , PIMPMe , Memento
- 10:30-11:15: Group photo, coffee break, posters
- 11:15-12:15: Project presentations 4: SMAUG , NEON , Coordination
- 12:15-12:30: Open discussion and next steps
- 12:30-12:45: Feedback by advisory board and wrap up
- 12:45-13:15: Lunch break: Finger food / soup
- 13:15-14:00: Keynote: “Data, Efficiency, and Hardware“, Gustavo Alonso (ETH Zurich)
Presentation time per project will be 10 minutes plus 5 minutes for Q&A for projects with a single PI and 15 minutes plus 5 minutes Q&A for all bigger projects. All presentations shall be given in English.
The final keynote by Gustavo Alonso will be held in a joint session with the members of Priority Program 2037.